This is the original engine hall of the Middlesex Hose Company. This section of the building was built in 1942. In 1989 the new engine hall, was built and the fire apparatus was moved there. In 2003 the original engine hall was renovated as part of an extensive building overhaul. The overhead doors were removed and the space was converted into meeting space and a take out area for our Roast Beef Dinners. The old engine hall as it exists today is pictured on the lower left of this page.
This photo was taken circa 1950 and shows many of the founding members of the Middlesex Hose Company.
Ford Sanford PT46
The 1979 Ford Sanford PT46 in front of the Syracuse, NY facility. This truck served the Middlesex Fire Department from 1979 to 2000.
M-23 - 1993 International / LDI Heavy Rescue
It was built on an International 4900 series chassis with a Fabco OEM 4x4 system. The truck was equipped a 25kw 4 pole PTO generator.
This truck was retired from service in April of 2017.
Pierce Minuteman Quick Attack Engine
The 1989 Pierce Minuteman Quick Attack Engine. It was built on a GMC Topkick chassis with a Marmon - Harrington 4x4 conversion. The truck had a 1000gpm Waterous mid-ship pump and carries 300 gallons of water.
This truck was retired from service in March of 2011.